Introducing Kukuza Associates:
Flexible, Powerful Finance Solutions for Cannabis Companies
New RoseRyan consulting firm offers focused finance solutions
Newark, Calif., March 5, 2019—Kukuza Associates LLC, a subsidiary of RoseRyan, enters the cannabis market today to provide finance and accounting expertise and solutions to companies in an incredibly fast-moving industry.
Kukuza, which solely focuses on the needs of cannabis companies, draws upon the full strengths and capabilities of its parent company, RoseRyan. Both finance and accounting consulting firms take companies further, faster, by delivering solutions across the business lifecycle. Entering the cannabis sector in 2014, RoseRyan is a highly reputable, Silicon Valley-based consultancy with more than 100 professionals. It recently was featured in Accounting Today as one of a few firms leading the way in cannabis accounting.
Says Dave Roberson, CEO of Kukuza, “There’s no other cannabis consulting firm that we know of that has Kukuza’s firepower and deep experience in finance and accounting. As a RoseRyan company, we bring a large team of experienced professionals, best practices and operational excellence to cannabis companies.”
Adds Roberson, “Designed for this unique marketplace, Kukuza’s finance and cannabis accounting solutions are vital for businesses that are growing, vertically integrating and eyeing deals.”
Kukuza Associates works with startups and established companies in every segment of the cannabis market at every stage of the lifecycle. According to Roberson, Kukuza’s cannabis solutions address strategic finance as well as day-to-day accounting for companies, and he emphasizes that both are prerequisites for sustainable success.
Kukuza has access to the RoseRyan finance dream team, now numbering over 100 finance experts, and the company’s name, Kukuza, is drawn from the Swahili word meaning potential and growth.
Kukuza’s Cannabis Solutions
Based off of RoseRyan’s original cannabis offering, Kukuza sports a newly refined and expanded set of cannabis solutions. Kukuza flexibly delivers these six solutions at just the right time and level:
- Assessment – Quickly diagnoses gaps in a company’s finance and accounting and uncovers underlying issues in other key operational areas.
- Strategic Finance – Provides CFO and controller expertise to ready the company for investors, fundraise, plan and budget for intelligent growth. Forms the basis of the company’s strategic and operational plans and helps propel its value creation.
- Outsourced Cannabis Accounting – Creates the overall framework for systems and processes for all of the company’s accounting and provides outsourced accounting professionals on an ongoing basis. Can also provide cost accounting, audit prep, and other resources and interim experts on a “plug and play” basis, to help the company manage its hypergrowth.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis – Digs into the numbers to truly understand the business. Focuses on trends and insights within the business for informed decision-making and scenario planning based on various assumptions.
- Internal Controls – Helps protect assets, mitigate fraud and other business risks by designing internal controls that matter and are based on the company’s size and situation. Can be leveraged to scale as the company ramps up with growth or strategic plans.
- Transaction Support – Prepares the company and guides it through transformational moves like M&As, RTOs, IPOs, vertical integration, and expansion into new products and geographical locations.
Roberson warns that companies entertaining bold ideas without the basics in place and without meaningful financial information about their businesses are jeopardizing their futures and reputations. To avoid these problems, companies can benefit from an initial assessment and then progress ahead with confidence, under Kukuza’s guidance, when determining fundraising levels, capital uses, expansion plans and liquidity events.
Roberson explains, “Our experienced team steps in, brings order to the chaos and navigates cannabis companies ahead by putting a solid finance foundation in place.”
Joining Roberson on the Kukuza’s leadership team are two executives who spearheaded RoseRyan’s initial entry into the cannabis market. For Kukuza Associates, as well as RoseRyan, Maureen Ryan serves as VP of business development while Chris Vane directs sales. Roberson also remains a vice president at RoseRyan.
Ryan was recently the feature of a National Cannabis Industry Association member Q&A and got the last word in a January Accounting Today article that discussed RoseRyan as a pioneer in cannabis. Both Vane and Ryan have blogged about finance and accounting fundamentals for the cannabis industry and have appeared in a variety of trade media outlets.
About Kukuza Associates
Kukuza Associates LLC is a Silicon Valley-based consulting firm dedicated to helping cannabis businesses go further, faster with great finance that’s steeped in sound operations. As a RoseRyan company, we deliver strategic finance, outsourced accounting, financial reporting and analysis, internal controls and business transaction support. Grow like a weed with the right financial foundations in place with Kukuza. Learn more about our robust, flexible solutions at www.kukuzaassociates.com. Follow us on Twitter @Kukuza_Assoc and on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/kukuza-associates-llc.
sarah AT pounce-pr.com
Kukuza Associates™ LLC
We take cannabis companies further, faster with our cannabis accounting and finance solutions. Our outsourced cannabis CFO and finance solutions solve common finance pain points. A RoseRyan company, we help your budding business get to the next stage.
35473 Dumbarton Court
Newark, CA 94560
Map & directions
tel: (510) 509-1454
email: [email protected]